Your privacy is important to us.
This Privacy Notice explains what information Closed Loop Medicine Ltd (‘CLM’, ‘we’, ‘us’, and ‘our’) gather about you, through this website, what we use that information for, and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries.
We take data protection very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. In this Privacy Notice your personal information is called “personal data”. We collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting or storing your personal information as ‘processing’. Although you do not have to provide any of your personal information to us, if we ask you to do so and you refuse, we may be unable to provide you with the information, or services you want from us.
Your personal information
Personal information is anything that enables you to be identified or identifiable, e.g., your name, job title, company name(s), email address and IP address.
Collection of your personal information
You may provide personal information to us by:
- Searching/browsing our website closedloopmstg.wpengine.com for content
- contacting us for further information
Using your personal information
When you provide personal information to us, we may use it:
- To administer and manage our website
- Any other purposes for which you provided the information to us, including any of the purposes given in the ‘Collection of your personal information’ section above
We do not collect personal information for sale to third parties.
Legal grounds for processing your personal information
We rely on one or more of the following processing conditions:
- Our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our businesses (provided these do not interfere with your rights)
- To satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject
- To perform our contractual obligations to you (if any) or
- Where you have agreed to us processing your personal information
Security of your personal information
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorised persons are provided access to personally identifiable information we have collected, and such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information. Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet(including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavour to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to or by us.
Sharing your personal information
We may transfer, share or disclose the personal data we collect from you to third parties (and their respective subcontractors, and/or their subsidiaries and affiliates) for:
- the purposes for which the information has been submitted
- the purposes listed above under ‘Using your personal information’
- the administration and maintenance of our website
We also may transfer, share or disclose personal data to third party service providers website hosting and management, data backup, security and storage services.
The third party providers may use their own third party subcontractors that have access to personal data (sub-processors). It is our policy to use only third-party providers that are bound to maintain appropriate levels of security and confidentiality, to process personal information only as instructed by us, and to flow those same obligations down to their sub-processors.
We may also share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- When explicitly requested by you
- When required to deliver materials as requested by you
- For legal and/or regulatory compliance purposes
International transfers of your personal information
Your personal information may be transferred to and stored outside the UK. This includes countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and countries that do not have laws that provide specific protection for personal information.
Where we transfer your personal information outside the UK and EEA, it will be only:
- To a recipient located in a country which provides an adequate level of protection for your personal information; and/or
- Under an agreement which satisfies UK data protection legislation.
Retention of your personal information
We will retain your personal information only for as long as we need it, given the purposes for which it was collected, or as required to do so by law.
Normally, this means we will retain your personal information for 6 years.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of personal information we hold about you
- Ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete
- Ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information
- Object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to you, please contact us.
Automated decision making
We will not use your personal information for automated decision making.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy Notice or the way your personal information is processed by us, or would like to exercise one of your rights set out above, please contact us by one of the following means:
Post: Closed Loop Medicine Ltd, Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge CB22 3AT United Kingdom
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection regulator, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at: https:/ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
We may update this Privacy Notice at any time by publishing an updated version here. So that you know when we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will amend the revision date at the bottom of this page. The new modified or amended Privacy Notice will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 20 September 2021