COOKIE NOTICE (POLICY) OF CLOSED LOOP MEDICINE
At Closed Loop Medicine Ltd (‘Closed Loop’, ‘CLM’, ‘we’, ‘us’, and ‘our’) we respect the privacy of visitors using this website https://www.closedloopmedicine.com/
Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data (’privacy information’). For privacy information please see our Privacy Notice/Policy, which can be found here.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience.
WHAT ARE ‘SESSION’ AND ‘PERSISTENT’ COOKIES?
Cookies that expire at the end of a browser session (normally when a user exits their browser) are called ‘session cookies’. Cookies that can be stored for longer are called ‘persistent cookies’.
- Session cookies allow websites to recognise and link the actions of a user during a browsing session. They may be used for a variety of purposes such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping basket as they browse around a site. Cookies can also be used for security purposes, such as when a user logs in to internet banking or their webmail. These session cookies expire after a session ends, so would not be stored beyond this.
- Persistent cookies are stored on a user’s device in-between sessions. They can allow the preferences or actions of the user across a site (or across different websites) to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering users’ preferences and choices when using a site or to target advertising.
WHAT ARE ‘FIRST-PARTY’ AND ‘THIRD-PARTY’ COOKIES?
First-party cookies are set directly by us. Third-party cookies are set by a domain other than the one you are visiting. This typically occurs when a website incorporates elements from other sites, such as images, social media plugins or advertising.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE ON THIS WEBSITE?
- Strictly necessary cookies (aka essential cookies). These cookies are essential, e.g., to enable a website to be browsed. These cookies will generally be first-party session cookies.
- Preferences cookies (aka functional cookies). These cookies allow this website to remember choices made by you, e.g., username and password.
- Statistics cookies (aka analytics and performance cookies). These cookies collect information e.g., which pages on a website are visited and which links are clicked on.
- Marketing cookies (aka targeting cookies). These cookies track your online activity.
Using cookies, web beacons, pixels and/or SDKs helps us to better understand which content is of interest to our website visitors, subscribers to our newsletters etc.
COOKIES AND PERSONAL DATA
Cookies use unique codes that act as an identifier and can be treated as “personal data”. This is because they can enable the user of a device to be uniquely recognised as the same user, even if their ‘real world’ identity is unknown. Cookies are also typically used in combination with other identifiers such as the IP address for your device which is automatically assigned to that device by your internet service provider and shared by your device when online content is requested and displayed. IP addresses can be logged automatically in our server log files whenever our website, applications or online content are accessed and can be associated with).
We are the data controllers for the processing of personal data in connection with cookies used on thus website.
If you receive an electronic communication from us, such as a marketing email, event invitation or other direct promotional communication, we may collect information using cookies about you.
Social plugins allow website users to share items of interest with their connections on social networks.
This website contains social plugins for Twitter and LinkedIn.
WHAT COOKIES ARE ON THIS WEBSITE?
We use the following cookies on this website:
Strictly necessary cookies
|Name||1 or 3 Party||Purpose||Duration|
|1||cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||1||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the “Necessary” category .||1 Year|
|2||cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary||1||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the “Non-necessary” category .||1 Year|
|3||cli_user_preference||1||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user preferences||1 Year|
|4||CookieLawInfoConsent||1||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent against a single user||1 Year|
|Name||1 or 3 Party||Purpose||Duration|
|1||_ga||3||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics – which is a significant update to Google’s more commonly used analytics service.||2 years|
|2||_ga_99QCDF5KYY||3||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics – which is a significant update to Google’s more commonly used analytics service.||Persistent|
Google will use this information on our behalf for the purpose of measuring your activity on this website, for compiling statistical reports on overall content interaction activity for us and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
You can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie by Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in, whereby an opt-out cookie is set, or by selecting the appropriate setting in your browser software.
Further information can be found under Google Analytics Terms of Service & Privacy
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL COOKIES?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject non-essential cookies.
You can change your cookie preferences at any time by clicking here.
Please note that this website may not operate properly if the non- essential Cookies are switched off.
You can also disable non-essential cookies by changing your browser settings. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Most browsers, for example, Microsoft and Google have dedicated privacy pages that explain how sites collect, handle, and pass on information to third parties.
We may from time to time make changes to this Notice (Policy). Any changes will be published on this website and will be effective as of the date of publication.
This policy was last updated on 19/07/2021.